Friday, January 27, 2006

Republican-Lite Is Out

At Raising Kaine a recent Molly Ivins column was praised by Teddy Goodson. That piece by Ivins ran in the Richmond Times-Dispatch a few days ago and I, too, thought it said something essential quite well. I know Ivins may seem old hat sometimes, but this time she's saying exactly what needs saying.

So, let me add my praise to Goodson's. Here's a taste of Molly's take on what Democrats who want to do more than strike a pose most need to grasp:

"...The recent death of Gene McCarthy reminded me of a lesson I spent a long, long time unlearning, so now I have to re-learn it. It's about political courage and heroes, and when a country is desperate for leadership. There are times when regular politics will not do, and this is one of those times. There are times a country is so tired of bull that only the truth can provide relief."

No comments: