Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Top Five WWE Posts; updated

The Weekend Without Echoes, July 21-23, came and went. Now some bloggers suggest it be done again. Others say the concept is OK, but they’d like it to be for only one day, maybe once-a-month. And, some say it was a silly thing from the start.

Well, I must say I’m glad some bloggers seemed to enjoy it. As far as I can tell nobody got hurt, and I suspect the ones that got mad are mad at something else by now. We’ll see about what happens next. In truth, I didn’t envision anything beyond this one time. That’s why I called it an experiment -- it was to see what would happen.

The experiment had several points of interest to me. One of them was to see what sort of material would be posted by the participants. Later, I’ll write more about the other angles. So, without further ado, here’s my Favorite Top Five for WWE, in alphabetical order:


Three honorable mentions I’d like to make are: “Stop Plagiarizing My Site! (updated)” by Melissa at Monstrosity. A WWE carnival was gathered and posted at Rick Sincere News and Thoughts under the title “An Echo, Not a Choice.” And, although MaxPower at Haduken didn’t get on the list of participants, he did conduct and post an interview with the WWE project in mind: “Interview: Pete Humes.”

Note: This post was updated on July 27th at 2:15 p.m. ("A Year of Loss" was added.) Thanks again to all that participated.

No comments: