Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stop Taxing Tickets

A few years ago a friend told me that without a cause she wasn't herself.

The remark struck me then as the plain truth about myself, as well. When I was a young dreamer it seemed I had limitless interest in being drawn to supporting causes. But in recent years I've been so poverty-stricken that I've used that as an excuse to avoid such pursuits.

Like that friend, now I have to admit that being personally involved in some push to make the world a better place, in some way, is necessary for me to be me. But there are so many situations that cry out for attention.

So, for 2010 I've decided to keep it local and go with something I know about from personal experience: Accordingly, be it resolved that in the year ahead I will do what I see fit to convince the City of Richmond's powers that be we'll all be much better off when Richmond's show biz-stifling, living in the past, seven percent admissions tax is gone.

For background on this issue please click on the links - one; two; three.

If you are on Facebook you can become involved right this minute by clicking here and joining the Facebook group called Stop Taxing Tickets. Soon there will be news of an event to focus the public's attention to this worthy effort to unshackle the entertainment industry in Richmond.

No comments: