Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Five of a Kind: Anti-war songs

With the upcoming State of the Union address on my mind, I know most people want him to talk about pressing domestic issues to do with money. But I'm hoping President Barack Obama will say something about how America is getting its military forces out of Iraq. And, South Korea. Afghanistan. And so forth. Bring 'em home!

So, I've got anti-war songs running through my head. I wish I could beam them into Obama's head, before he speaks tonight. With American troops strewn across the planet, where have all the anti-war songs gone? Here is this week's Five of a Kind:



1. "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.



2. "Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.



3. "Waist Deep in the Big Muddy" by Pete Seeger.



4. "The Ballad of Penny Evans" by Steve Goodman.



5. "The Call-Up" by The Clash.

No comments: