[Cuccinelli] called being attorney general "the best job in my life" and said his decision was based on "my love for the commonwealth and to further the principles on which this country was founded."Click here to read the entire article.
Click here to read a good analysis of Cuccinelli's move by AP's savvy Virginia political writer Bob Lewis.
Cuccinelli, 43, has been campaigning for higher office since the day he was sworn in as the commonwealth's attorney general. Now I suspect he's trying to figure out when will be the best time to quit his current post, ostensibly, to concentrate on his campaign.
Of course, the best time will probably be before too many of the metaphorical chickens from the questionable legal actions Cuccinelli initiated in his first year in office start coming home to roost.
Here are links to stories I have written about his performance on the job:
- Click here to read "Our Showboating AG."
- Click here to read "Healthcare Brouhaha: It Ain't Over …"
- Click here to read "Cuccinelli the Corrector."
- Click here to read "Cuccinelli demands VMFA doodles."
- Click here to read "Cuccinelli’s Miracle."
- Click here to read "Activist Attorney General."
- Click here to read "How Free Are We to Express Hate?"