Thursday, August 04, 2011

Stolen bike in the Fan

My bicycle was stolen from my backyard this morning.

Been walking around the lower Fan looking for it. It's a 38-year-old white Azuki. Black cheap saddle. Quick release rims. It has a black luggage rack on the back. The gray handlebar tape is frayed. It's beat up looking; the front brake cable is broken going into the lever.

So, someone may be using it as a way to wheel their collection of junk around in the alleys.

Here' a shot of how the bike looked in 1984; like the rest of us it has aged, but this is better than just imagining what it looks like. (Yes, that is a pair of Parker Field seats behind the bike.) Remember, now it has a luggage rack on the back.

If I left it unlocked (which I probably did), the black U-type (Kryptonite) lock may still be in its frame on the bike, as show above.

Now I'm going out, again, to look for my old friend.

Contact: ftrea9@yahoo.com.

No comments: