Saturday, September 15, 2007

Art object a day

Inspired by the concept of completing a painting a day, something I've seen from other artists, yesterday I took up the challenge: For a solid month I'm going to try to make a new piece of art every day and see what happens.

Each piece will be whatever strikes me to do that day, so there will be paintings, sketches, pen-and-inks, and so forth. Mostly there will be lots of mixed media, as I tend to grab whatever is around. (Click on the art to enlarge it.) Yes, all of the stuff will be for sale, so if you see something you like please do drop me a line. The email address is in my bio at the top of the column on the right.

The piece above, "Mercie's Lee," is an ink and pastels study (10" by 8.5") of the statue of Robert E. Lee in my neighborhood. Three years in the making, French sculptor Jean Antoine Mercie's strikingly dignified Lee Monument was unveiled in 1890.

No comments: