Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand connection



"The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, 
if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand." 

-- Rep. Paul Ryan

After years of touting writer Ayn Rand's considerable influence on him, it seems that in recent months Paul Ryan has been trying to distance himself from her. We can only guess at what brought about this change of heart in Ryan. And, I have to doubt such a flip-flop bothered Mitt Romney much.

If anyone has to be tolerant of such maneuvers it's Romney, who has twisted himself into a virtual pretzel, distancing himself from various inconvenient aspects of his past.

And, I'm already seeing conservatives vehemently denying the connection between Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand. Now I've got a hunch we're going to see a lot more of that down the road. So here's another link with more background.

No comments: