As the so-called "fog of war" lifts, what the hell really happened in Katrina's aftermath, way down yonder in New Orleans, matters to me. Getting the straight story wasn't easy last week.
Accordingly, this space will expand with a growing list of links to stories that have helped me better understand -- from the relatively safe confines of the Fan District in Richmond -- what was going on and not going on, when unprecedented news of a shameful governmental failure and anarchy was flooding into my little space from many unreliable sources.
- "Why Levee Breaches In New Orleans Were Late-Breaking News" -- The Wall Street Journal
- "Short-Sighted America is Bankrupt in Face of Disaster" -- Georgie Anne Geyer
- "Katrina Timeline" -- Think Progress
- "Louisiana Nursing Home Charged in 34 Deaths" -- Reuters
- End of the Bush Era -- E. J. Dionne, Jr.