Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanks for the Truth

The fourth Thursday of November is the day for Americans (and those in a few other countries) to celebrate Thanksgiving.  For hundreds of years it's been a day for special feasts. And, for those who are blessed with having family and friends (who are vaccinated), once again, it's a day for the gatherings of such.  

It's a traditional day for pausing to count our blessings. Perhaps for some of us, it's a good time to smile and remember some of the bullets we've dodged. Moreover, today, I'm thankful for folks who learned from their own experience to overcome the falsehoods they were taught as children, then they influenced me. 

So, as a 74-year-old Virginian, I'm particularly thankful to the family members, the friends, the teachers, the writers, the artists, the musicians, the filmmakers, and many others who have helped me along my own meandering path through the maze of pickled history and bullshit. A journey to find what matters to me, now, more than ever -- the truth. 

Thanks. 

No comments: