Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Who Knew the Mob Was Coming?

Who knew a crazy Trump mob was coming to D.C. on Jan. 6, 2021? 

Well, a fair answer is: Everybody who pays any attention to current events. 

Hey, I knew and if I knew, as out of touch as I am in my small, hunkered down, geezer world, then anybody who cared knew. 

Now, I don't mean I expected all of what happened. I certainly didn't imagine the Capitol could be so easily taken over for six hours by a street mob. But I expected a bunch of Trumpists were probably going to show up and make trouble. Still, oy vey, I just couldn't even begin to think the defense of the Capitol really could be so inadequate. 

However, I hadn't considered that the ranks of people responsible for protecting the Capitol and the folks who work there could be so infiltrated with Trumpists who were willing to be traitors for Trump. 

Thus, I have to strongly suspect those rioters knew they would be be able to easily overcome the defenses of the building, because the fix was in -- inadequate defense of the Capitol was part of the plan, because the terrorists had plenty of inside help.

No comments: