Sunday, August 22, 2010

Semi-Viral Video



This short film is a dream-like pastiche of sounds and images (stills and moving) set to the pace of an imaginary crying-in-your-beer Bob Wills song ("Bubbles in My Beer," lyrics by T. Duncan, B. Walker and C. Mills), playing in an abstract sort of bar. It was made by reusing some of my old art, film footage, etc., and a proper measure of sarcasm.

Suddenly, it has gone semi-viral. Although it's been on YouTube for a year-and-a-half, for some reason it has gotten five-times more hits/viewings in the last three or four days than it had garnered in the previous 18 months.

While I don't know what has set this interest in my little video off, I do find it semi-fascinating, so I hope this post stokes it.

-- Images and sound by F.T. Rea. All rights reserved.

No comments: